Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Springggg Timeeee

Sung in a cabaret voice of course. Finally, this place resembles real life. Sunshine (sometimes), more decent temperatures, and no snow (at the lower elevations at least)! We're up to about 16 hours or more of daylight. At midnight you can see a bit of twilight to the north, and by 4 in the morning it starts to every so slowly get light again.

It's a crazy thing...trying to go to bed when it's still light outside. I welcome it, though. I find myself missing meals and staying up too late, because I'm running around fishing or taking Maddy on walks. Speaking of fishing, H2O is slowly deciding to exist in a liquid form again. It's crazy. I saw some rain the other day...pretty much for the first time since September. Lakes are slowly melting, and the rivers are pretty much all broken up. Now we just need some leaves...maybe this week (fingers crossed).

So I don't have a ton of sweet pictures to show that I personally took, but I do have some that Andy took on a recent adventure. This past Saturday we drove down to the Kenai River for some fishing. It was cold, and the fishing was slow, but it was great to be out.

It was not super cold, but with the wind blowing and wet hands, I seriously had the coldest hands ever in my entire life. In fact, my fingers are still tingling (just kidding Mom). So without further ado, here's the good stuff.




looking down river. very beautiful



looking toward the outlet of kenai lake and the bridge at cooper landing.



great picture here. just pondering life and how Cameron has the ability to warm his hands simply through thought. No kidding, he can make his hands warm up by just thinking about it.



we saw a ton of eagles that day. here is an immature with a mature eagle. they chilled in the tree pretty much all morning. i would say I probably saw 2 dozen eagles that day. pretty neat.



this is how i looked yesterday. Andy and Lisa put on a fundraising lunch for babies. The food was stinking delicious. This is my round of seconds. I "slayed" some cookies too. The sugar crash at about 3 pm was tough, but I powered through.

Thankfully I took a razor to my boy beard last night. Also notice the crackhead-like dry area around my face. Dry skin up here is seriously ridiculous. I think I'm slowly shedding now that its sort of warm out.

Alright, more to come soon(ish).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am happy to hear that the weather is more to your liking, and that you and Maddy are able to go out and about! Looking forward to more postings on your Spring adventures in Alaska!